Saturday, February 23, 2008

Although I've made some decent gains in the FT department, I feel that there's more to come and I think I may start re-structuring my training as a result.

I've been feeling pretty tired recently and getting on the turbo in the evenings has been a struggle.
I've had a nagging feeling that all this cycle commuting I'm doing is not doing me too much good, training wise. All it's really doing is making me feel tired. That and the current Hong Kong merger/acquisition I'm heading up at work. Anyway, Thursday I was due to do a session but I felt so tired I didn't do the session . I got the train into work the next morning and despite a long hard day in the office, I felt a lot more lively when I got home on Friday and thought I'll do a session and miss the club run tomorrow . So that's what I did. 2x20 and came in with a 318 and 315 watt figure. My best yet. I reckon it may be down to me missing the session on Thursday and having a day off the bike on Friday.

Anyway, this got me thinking that I might try experimenting with not cycling in to work a couple of days a week and and only doing the turbo session when I really feel recovered from the last one, rather than forcing myself no matter what and training at a lower power level.

I'm sure this is common sense for most of you but the penny is only beginning to drop for me now.

Oh, and my KK computer has suddenly stopped resetting itself and changing to km/h. The reason? It just needed a new battery. Duh!

For some reason my weight has gone up to 86kg.
Either that or someones sabotaging the scales.

No comments: