Sunday, March 9, 2008

3x20

I'm kind of getting into the mindset where I don't really want to ride my bike out on the road. I just want to put in 20 minute sessions on the turbo. When I think of getting cold and wet and freewheeling most of the time and having to clean my bike, I'd much rather do some intensity on the turbo. It's kind of heartening when you've made a bit of progress. I just want to make more rather than riding around and not knowing where I am in terms of power/improvement.

Anyway, that's probably just me.

I think I might have mentioned I have an old aluminium Trek circa 2003. It has 9 speed Shimano 105 and I've been thinking for a long time about getting a decent bike. To be honest, I'd feel a bit of a fraud riding a £3000 bike, just because I'm not that good . A bit like the pot-bellied, balding business man buying a red Ferrari. Anyway, I'm thinking something mid-range, nothing too flashy.
I went into Sigma Sport on Saturday and had a good chat with Pete, so in the next few weeks I might be opting for a more up to date model of bike.

For the time being, the trusty Trek will do and today I knocked out a hearty 3x20 which felt good after not having done much all week:

311 watts, 317 watts and 322 watts.

I purposely started off a bit slow and gradually built the session up. The last 20 was quite intense and I was concentrating quite a bit, holding that imaginary fine line in your head between having to ease off and going to hard.

It felt good.

No comments: